Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TTTIIIIMMMBBBEEERRR!!!

The cold weather is fast approaching and we really enjoy having a fire in the fireplace instead of using our gas heaters ,so we have been going up to the cabin and cutting down the dead trees around it so they won't fall on the cabin with all of the snow fall. We were finally able to get Presten to go with us (it goes so much faster with two men using chainsaws).





It was his first time to "fell" a tree and he was nervous (he didn't want it to fall on anything or harm anyone), but he was also very excited. (i.e. power saw, adrenalin, testosterone)





It was just the boys and I and we got 3 loads of wood. They are good workers! Austen's main goal for the day was to get as dirty as possible, so he really got into hauling the wood to the trailer. Larson's main goal for the day was to ask us what time it was every 2 minutes.:)





Eventually Presten's saw quit working, so Rick cut our pieces bigger (about 4-6 feet) and Austen and I were having a heck of a time lifting them into the truck. Presten took pity on us (we probably looked pathetic trying to lift them) and came over and just lifted the whole piece by himself. His new name is Hercules.



He kept asking me what I was going to do when he no longer lived at home. I told him I would pay him money to come home and help me! Of course by then Austen and Larson will be grown and then all three of them can pick up the pieces and load them while I sit back and drink lemonade and marvel at their strength!




No comments: