Monday, October 6, 2008

My Table is FULL!

No, I'm not talking about food. I'm talking about people. It was general conference weekend, tradionally we go to the cabin on Kolob and spend the day listening to conference. The rain put a damper on our plans and we didn't end up going. Tia still came down to be with us, she had a blast taking photos in the rain. (She is getting really good!) Sunday morning came and the kids were sleeping in. Rick and I sat there in the morning silence and both commented on how much we wished that Ashli would've come home to be with us for the weekend. (It's so hard when your kids grow up and aren't around for all of life's little traditions). As I was busy with breakfast in the kitchen, who should be standing at the door.... it was ASHLI!!!!! She must have heard our hearts calling for her to come home.



The most thrilling part of the day was when we all sat down to the table for lunch. Yes, we put the leaf back in and every seat was filled! (see Something is Missing post) Just like the good ole' days. We ate and laughed and visited. And just like old times Dad told a story and kept us all on the edge of our seats as he shared the skill required to sneek up on a deer while bow hunting! Hilarious!



It was awesome!!! My table was full..... with the people I love the most in this world.



Hope your table is full!

4 comments:

Denise said...

I am sooo glad! Yay!

The Perkins said...

Family really is the best...I totally agree when someone is missing it just isn't the same!

Kimber said...

It's so nice when everyone is home!

Juje said...

Ha. We did go through a lot just to TP your house. Good times. Thanks for the comment on my blog, you guys are amazing and I'm adding your blog to those I follow. :)