Monday, January 5, 2009

Stepping into the New Year!

We had a spontaneous get together for New Years! The McCoy family joined some of the Beatty family for chili, cornbread and games! It was a fun and silly time. The kids enjoyed themselves and the adults got in a game or two of their own.

(We didn't do too well with "Totally 80's Trivial Pursuit")

Papa McCoy was especially happy with the idea of celebrating a New York New Year at 10 p.m.

Turns out we like each other so much that most of us stayed up until midnight anyway!

My favorite part was getting this photo of all the shoes piled at my back door. I am so blessed to have such awesome family all around me.

For those of you who were not here... let's work toward getting together in this coming year and celebrating the gift of family and friends!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Looks like fun. Miss you.

Summer.Brooke said...

I'm so jealous I couldn't be there! I miss you guys.

Kimber said...

We had a good time.

Mathison didn't fall asleep until we got home...he almost made it to midnight!