Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Air "Soft"???


School is out for the day and Austen called a bunch of friends to head up the canyon and have a little air soft capture the flag game. They started to arrive and the house was a buzz with boys in camo and protective gear.


(Naomi and I stood snickering outside the door at the way they were all trying to get each others attention and everyone talking at the same time:))


They left here marching down the street and heading to the trail head that leads up the wash by our house. They were energetic and spirited and excited to have some fun.


Three hours later they show up at the house thirsty, thirsty, thirsty, tired and talking about the "war wounds".


The more I heard I started wondering.... just how soft is air soft?
They didn't care... the more welts, bruises, burns, etc. the better.

The bonus was... I told them to aim at tummys and bums when they left and when they returned they were talking about getting shot in the bum too many times!!!!!!

(I didn't want to see those war wounds!! :)

They are already planning the next get together. They just need time for the wounds to heal and round up some more ammo.


Boys!!!!!!

5 comments:

Kimber said...

We've found out the hard way that air soft guns aren't really that soft :)

Seth and Emry Gubler said...

Austen looks so grown up! How are you guys? If you want to take a look at my blog and see my cute baby, it's sethandemry.blogspot.com
Say hi to Austen for me!
Emry Gubler

Larson Family said...

I have had such a good time getting to know Austen while driving him home from piano! He's such a fun, happy, busy growing up boy and I really enjoy hearing about his adventures into the world of cute girls and scarey movies. I can hardly wait.

Summer.Brooke said...

That sounds fun. I've never heard of Airsoft. I assume it's like Paintball?

Paulette said...

I tagged you. Tell Ashli she did amazing.